Accomplished publishing professional with extensive experience managing, writing, editing, copy editing and blogging in both the B2B and consumer arenas. Highly effective team leader. Proven track record in delivering to tight deadlines and budgets while maintaining high editorial standards. Successful driver of web and social media strategies.
Managing • Writing • Editing • Copy editing • Commissioning • Feature planning • Content packaging • Headline writing • Team-building • Mentoring • Layout/design • Chicago Manual of Style • AP style • US and UK writing/grammar styles • HTML • CMS • SEO best practices • Adobe InDesign • WordPress • French • Spanish
Achievements & Results
- Managing editor for DAYSPA magazine, a leading monthly B2B spa and beauty publication and website, overseeing freelancers and staff, as well as writing and editing stories for both print and online. Co-manage social media presence, growing Twitter to nearly 12,000 followers.
- Successfully co-managed Time Out’s world-leading city guide series of 50-plus titles, overseeing a team of 12 staff and 30 freelance editors and never missing a deadline.
- Slashed editorial costs by more than 20% and increased market share by 14% during systemic industry downturn.
- Edited six Time Out guides annually, including some of the company’s biggest-selling titles, earning praise from The Independent (a leading UK quality newspaper) as ‘the best city guides in print today.’
- Instrumental in the development and execution of Time Out’s Shortlist imprint, the brand’s best-selling pocket travel guides.
- Extended Time Out brand to the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean by directly managing successful launch of Dubai and Havana guides.